Promise of Stewardship
Your gifts matter. You matter. That’s why the University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary takes very seriously the Promise of Stewardship:
- Gifts will be acknowledged in a timely and personal manner.
- A gift accepted with a restricted purpose will be used for that purpose.
- Whenever feasible, and especially with gifts of endowment, annual reports will be shared with the donor.
- Proper recognition will always be given to the donor; recognition of a public nature will first be approved by the donor.
- The value of any “substantial” benefits resulting from a gift will be reported to the donor.
- Gifts will be accounted for using generally accepted accounting principles, which will provide a consistent, timely, and accurate reporting of all gifts into the University of Saint Mary of the Lake/Mundelein Seminary’s official financial record.